Advent Conspiracy 2018
Blessed is the Season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.
– Hamilton Wright Mabie
Christmas is coming! And it still matters. Christmas can change the world!
We say we want things to “change.” We say we want a better world for our children and grandchildren. But we keep doing the same things. Change will not come . . . without change.
Every year, the average American spends $700 on gifts and goodies at Christmas time. As a nation, we spend $465 billion on things that have little if anything to do with Jesus’ birth. That’s just gross. This MUST change. And it will take a conspiracy of Christ followers to turn the tide.
Why does this matter? “The mess will not be cleaned up until the Lord returns but things can change on a large scale. The Kingdom is the by-product of the righteous rule of the King expressed far and wide . . . . When lots of people stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution, you have a revolution in the making!” – Harry Brown, The Kingdom Unleashed
So . . .will you join the Conspiracy this Advent? It’s really simple. We put Jesus back in Christmas by Worshiping More, Spending Less, Giving More and Loving All for Him! You can do this as an individual, a family, a home group, an office, and a church.
Specifically, Advent Conspirators reduce Christmas spending by 10% and give these funds to express the love of Jesus and expand His Kingdom. This year’s giving opportunities:
One Time Gifts
- $30 will sponsor a Christian family who fled from ISIS in Iraq. It will provide food for them for one month. We work in 42 Christian refugee villages and the need is great.
- $50 sponsor a refugee family with food AND cookies and gifts for their children.
- $50 will sponsor an orphan in East Africa, providing our annual Christmas celebrations three sites with gifts, clothes, and school supplies.
- $300 will sponsor a Yezidi orphan rescued from ISIS with intensive, professional trauma care. Their stories are horrific. We have care of 326 orphans in one UN camp. Trauma care for them is a critical need.
- $30 will sponsor Yezidi orphan or one of our 400 orphans in East Africa, providing food, clothes, heath care, and educational support.
- Every year, for the past eight years, after all the orphans are sponsored, we have special projects. This year, we need classrooms for orphans, sports equipment, and we are really, really in need of a couple of new vehicles in N. Iraq for bringing relief, taking refugees and orphans to the doctor, and moving around our volunteers and local helpers.
If you or your church is interested in one of these priority needs, just drop us an email email@example.com.
Enclosed is a sample Advent Conspiracy 2018 envelope, gift form and tree ornament. You can order these for friends, family, and church at howardps.presencehost.net/l4l.html.
If you need ideas and help, just write us. Or, our best AC church is Christ St. Paul’s in Yonge’s Island, SC. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every year they come up with a new zany idea for putting Jesus BACK in Christmas and they are always happy to share with you!
You can also find resources at our website lovefortheleast.org. All gifts are fully tax-deductible.
Will you join the Conspiracy to make Christmas about Christ in 2018? It matters. It matters now. It matters eternally.